2 teaspoons rose water
Handful of cashews
2 tablespoons agave nectar
4 cardamom seeds (powdered)
2 handfuls of cashews
2 handfuls of almonds
5 to 6 soft dates
1. Place all milk ingredients in a blender, and add water until total volume is just over 2 cups. Blend it all together.
2. In a food processor, grind down 1 handful of cashews and 1 handful of almonds into a fine powder.
3. Again using a food processor, grind down the other handful of cashews and almonds into small granules.
4. In a large bowl, mix ground nuts with dates by hand until evenly distributed. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk into the mix and mash further.
5. Shape the mix into 1 1/2 inch diameter saucers and set aside.
6. Place the rusgulas in a bowl and pour the milk over them.
7. Allow everything to sit for 7-8 hours so the rusgulas soak up the flavor from the milk and soften.
8. Before serving, top with crushed pistachios.
Well, after 2 weeks of slaving away at school, I’m finally catching a break. To enjoy this little break, I decided to make myself one of the treats that I’ve been missing most after coming back from India.
It’s a dessert called rasmalai (literally meaning the “juice of cream”).
Traditionally, rasmalai is a pretty labor intensive dish to make, but you all know how much disdain I have for long preparation times. So this is pretty much as simple as it gets.
No muss, no fuss, just a delicious dessert for everybody to enjoy.
Even my dad (a general anti-raw guy), gave me a wide-eyes “Wow” when he ate these.
So try it out, and tell me what you think!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!