Raw granola bars
Shelf Life5 days in fridge
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1. Process almonds, dates and water. (You don't need them to be totally processed, just process well enough--similar to how you'd process to make a raw pie crust.) You should see smallish chunks of dates and almonds.
- 2. Transfer almond/date/water mixture into a big mixing bowl.
- 3. Add everything else to the big mixing bowl and just mix with a spoon or even your hands.
- 4. Spread granola bars into two glass dishes. (This is a big recipe, so you'll probably want to put it into two separate dishes or else it'll be really thick in one dish.)
- 5. These raw granola bars can be eaten as is--undehydrated (taste more like brownies then) or you can cut and dehydrate these raw granola bars to make a more traditional crunchy granola bar. Perhaps leave one dish moist and dehydrate the other! Best of both worlds :)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw granola bars are so tasty. I should really make them more often!
Sorry for posting a raw granola bar recipe that calls for so many ingredients, I realize that it goes against my "totally simple" rule... But I just made this recipe up and the flavor is so nice so I wanted to share these raw granola bars with you all!
Plus, it is actually pretty easy once you get past the first food processing bit.
This raw granola bar recipe would actually make a perfect pie crust or raw cake base as well. It's got the standard raw goody texture. :) But the flavor is really unique--in a good way!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Vitamin E.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Iron, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes