1 cup oat groats
1 cup button mushrooms, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Savory herbs (thyme, marjoram, sage, or oregano, etc..)
1 Hass avocado
1. Soak oat groats for as little as 24 hours and up to 48 hours. The grains become softer the longer you soak them.
2. Marinate mushrooms for 24 hours in garlic and 2 tbs. olive oil.
3. Drain oats, rinse, place in bowl, and add the marinated mushrooms.
4. Add 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt, 1 tsp olive oil and savory herbs.
5. Let sit for 1 to 3 hours.
6. Add 1 Hass avocado, cubed.
7. Stir and serve.
We have finally found a way to make raw rice! The secret is not to use rice at all, but raw, soaked oat groats. You can buy the raw oat groats in bulk or bagged packaging. They look just like brown rice. Soak them for 24 hours and follow the recipe! It is amazing how much this tastes like a rice dish, and satisfies just like rice too. However, the germinated oats give you a ton of energy, which of course cooked rice does not. The men in my family love this recipe as it is high in protein!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!