Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
3 cups sprouted wheat berries (slightly dried out in the fridge)
3/4 cup raisins
2 small apples (I used Gala)
1/4 cup currants (dried)
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (ground)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Put the wheat berries, raisins, and 1/2 apple in your food processor and blend well.
2. In a separate bowl, grate the remaining 1 1/2 apples. Mix in the currants, cinnamon, and vanilla.
3. Add blended wheat mixture to the bowl and mix well.
4. Shape two loaves out of the mixture on a dehydrator tray with a teflex sheet or parchment paper.
5. Set dehydrator to 105 F. Dehydrate 6-8 hours. Flip and dehydrate 6-8 hours.
6. Cut into slices and lay slices on their sides. Dehydrate until desired texture is reached.
Holistica's ThoughtsBy holistica
Based on Rose Lee Calabro's Zucchini Bread, I made this dehydrated apple-cinnamon currant loaf when I ran out of zucchini and still had 3 cups of wheat berries left.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.