Rating4.8/5 (from 4 ratings)4.75
Yield8 large or 16 small balls
1 cup mixed nuts (almond, Brazil, walnut, pepita, flax, or just one or two)
1 cup coconut (dry, grated, unsweetened)
2 large bananas
5 tablespoon agave or sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla bean (ground in a coffee grinder)
1 cup raw sprouted buckwheat flour
Coconut for rolling balls in
1. Add nuts to a food processor and ground until fine.
2. Add coconut, bananas, agave, and vanilla and process until smooth.
3. Then add buckwheat flour slowly through the chute until it thickens.
4. Take a handful of the mix and roll it into a ball.
5. Then roll it in desiccated coconut, repeating until all of the mix is used.
6. Put in the fridge or freezer.
KarenK's ThoughtsBy KarenK
These delicious, light, fluffy balls are really great if you are after a nice treat that is not so heavy as they don’t have any dried fruit.
You could make them even lighter by replacing the ground nut/seeds with another cup of buckwheat flour.
They look good made into big balls!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 19 hours 58 min ago
Perioral Dermatitis, Help Pleasesophc - 3 days 9 hours ago
2 week old baby and breastmilk shortage!! need advice....ClaireT - 4 days 22 hours ago
Irish Moss dishesClaywoman - 6 days 3 hours ago
Good Anti-inflamatories like pine apples and gingerTammiTrue - 1 week 2 days ago