Yield6 servings (slices)
½ cup dates
½ cup walnuts
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
Berries of your choice (to taste)
1. In a food processor, grind walnuts, pepitas, and pine nuts until a nearly powdery consistency is reached.
2. Add in dates. Process until all ingredients are worked through. It becomes more like a thick doughy sludge.
3. Flatten base over a small plate.
4. Place chosen berries on top of base.
5. Squeeze lemon juice into a cup, and mix in cocoa and honey until the mixture looks vaguely like syrup. For a more tart (no pun intended) taste, use more lemon juice. Similarly, more honey for sweetness and more cocoa for a chocolatey taste (remember that cocoa is rather bitter).
6. Pour/spread this “syrup” over the berries.
7. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes before serving and enjoy.
Tusik's ThoughtsBy tusik
This is a fruit tart, which is great for being not nearly as sweet as its non-raw counterparts!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 6 hours 21 min ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 6 hours 22 min ago
Raw Food & Army LifeRin - 6 hours 25 min ago
No weight loss?ClaireT - 2 days 23 hours ago
What to I do if my grandma pushes cooked food on me?Harmony1 - 3 days 20 hours ago