Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
1 cup buckwheaties
3 tablespoons cacao powder
3 Medjool dates
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons tahini
1½ tablespoons cacao powder
1 Medjool date
1/4 cup water
3 frozen bananas (break into chunks and place into a freezer bag before freezing)
1/2 vanilla pod (optional)
1. In the processor, process half the buckwheaties to a flour. Into a bowl, place the whole buckwheaties, the buckwheat flour, and the cacao.
2. Put 3 dates into the processor and add the water. Process into a sticky jam-like mixture.
3. Add the date mixture to the buckwheat and cacao and work together well until you have a sticky dough.
4. Line the base and side of four 3-inch muffin tins with the mixture. Place into the freezer.
5. In the processor, combine the tahini, cacao and dates, adding the water bit by bit until you have thick and creamy sauce.
6. Take the banana chunks out of the freezer. Leave them in the bag and break them up – this will be too difficult to do if you take them out as they are really cold!.
7. Working quickly, deseed the vanilla (if using) and put to one side.
8. If you are using a juicer, put the banana chucks through the masticating juicer, catching the resulting ice cream in a bowl. Add the vanilla seeds and mix well. Work quickly! If you are using a food processor, add the chunks of frozen banana and vanilla seeds to the bowl and process, including a piece of fresh banana, if needed, to help the processor.
9. Upturn the chocolate cups to get them out of the muffin cases and place on your serving dish.
10. Scoop a generous spoonful of banana ice cream into each chocolate cup. Pour over a smooth and creamy portion of sauce.
Pathlesstrodden's ThoughtsBy pathlesstrodden
It is my ultimate raw food dessert.
I can't imagine why you would ever want to eat a non-raw pudding when you could have this!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.