Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
3 cups almonds (dry)
2 tablespoons raw carob powder
1 cup pecans (dry)
2 cups dates (soaked, stoned)
Juice of 1 orange
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 vanilla pod
5 bananas (chopped thinly, frozen for at least 12 hours)
1 large mango
1. Using a loose based round cake tin, cover the base in cling film, and fit to the tin. Cover the sides in silver foil.
2. Add the almonds, pecans (reserve 8 for decoration), dates, an inch of the vanilla, a sprinkling of nutmeg, carob powder and juice of the orange to a food processor.
3. Process gently to start with, and continue until you get a dough-like consistency, but still chunky. If it's not doughy enough, add small quantities of water until you achieve the desired result. Place in the cake tin and flatten down.
4. Clean your food processor and add the chopped frozen banana. Halve the kumquats and remove the middles, add the skins to the processor.
5. Slit the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the processor. Slice the cheeks off the mango, and skin them, add those to the food processor.
6. Add most of the rest of the nutmeg. Add a couple of chopped dates if you like, too.
7. Process for several minutes, until the whole mixture turns to white fluff. Don't be tempted to process this for less time, but do stop for a minute if your machine gets hot. It needs to go white and fluffy. Scrape it down every now and then so everything gets processed.
8. Add this to the cake tin on top of the nut base. Smooth it all down so there's no trapped air, and it's level on top. Add the left over pecans in a nice pattern and sprinkle the rest of the nutmeg.
9. Return it all to the freezer for at least an hour.
10. Once ready to serve, turn out the cake by pushing the loose base out and up. Take the foil off and place on a serving plate.
KhaasLadki's ThoughtsBy KhaasLadki
I found this recipe on a forum somewhere while looking for a nut-free recipe for raw cheesecake.
It could easily be made nut-free--all you have to do is either leave the crust out, or make your own nut-free crust! The filling has no nuts!
I am going to make mine without the whole crust and just pulse some almonds, orange zest, and nutmeg, and sprinkle it over the top.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.