YieldServes 1 generously
3 cup fresh spinach, chopped
2 pint cherry tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, grated
1 ear of corn, de-kernelled
½ cucumber, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 head romaine
1 chayote, sliced into chips
2 baby carrots, shredded [garnish]
1 tablespoon daikon, grated [garnish]
2 sprigs cilantro, [garnish]
~ ~ ~
½ cup daikon
1 bunch cilantro
2 pint cherry tomatoes,
2 green onions
~ ~ ~
¾ cup salsa [above]
1 small avocado or 1/2 large, mushed w/ fork
drizzle of lime
sprinkle of sunshine
pound of laughs
box of love
1) Turn on your favourite tunes [yes I’m Canadian, prepare for some British spelling!]
2) In your favourite salad bowl layer the following in this order: spinach, zucchini, corn. Decorate as desired with romaine leaves around the brim of the bowl. Sprinkle garnishes on top [carrot, daikon, cilantro]/
3) In a food processor roughly chop the 1/2 cup daikon and green onion. Then add in the cilantro and pulse until blended. Finally, briefly pulse the mixture with the cherry tom’s.
4) Mix 3/4 cup of the salsa with the avocado. Drizzle with lime.
5) Drop the salsa and guac onto the salad around the circumference of the bowl, or as you prefer.
6) Stick chayote chips into the pretty mess half-hazardly.
7) Eat with your hands by candle light:)
the romaine leaves and chayote chips make it possible to eat this by hand!
Note: if you don’t have a food processor, no worries! You can grate daikon, chop the cilantro and green onion and tom’s, and then mix by hand. Just as good.
Cina's ThoughtsBy cina
nut free, spice free, salt free, garlic free… flavour… expensive? (can be done without a food processor)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Acne after 6 months rawarinam - 30 min 20 sec ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 11 hours 56 min ago
On and off RawClaireT - 1 day 7 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 5 days 2 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 5 days 2 hours ago