Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldDepends on how much self-control you have!
1 1/2 cups raw pecans
1/2 cup dates (pitted, soaked)
2 small or 1 medium sweet potato (or 1 cup of pumpkin flesh)
1/2 cup Sun Warrior activated barley
1/2 cup honey (more or less to taste)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon psyllium powder
1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut oil
Dash of sea salt
Water as needed (for consistency)
Ginger (fresh, grated, or powder; optional if you want gingerbread)
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
1 to 1 1/2 cups cashews or macadamias
1/4 cup honey
Juice from 1 lemon
Pinch of sea salt
Water as needed
1. Process pecans until finely chopped. Set aside in large bowl.
2. Process dates until creamy.
3. Add sweet potato or pumpkin and process until thoroughly combined. Add honey and spices. Pour into nuts and mix by hand.
5. Add coconut oil, barley, and psyllium powder, and add water a little at a time until a thick dough is achieved. Adjust spices and salt to taste. (For gingerbread, add some ginger!)
6. Blend the nuts, lemon juice, honey, and salt in a blender. Add water a tablespoon at a time, as needed, to make a very thick cream. You may have to stop often and scrape down the sides. Keep it nice and thick!
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on a Teflex sheet or wax paper. Spread dough out on the sheet into a large square about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Spread cream cheese topping evenly over the dough, keeping a little away from the edges.
9. Starting at one end, roll up into a nice tight roll. Place in freezer for about an hour or so, and then it will be easily sliceable, or just keep it in a nice pretty log.
10. Refrigerate or keep in freezer.
Jukebox's ThoughtsBy Jukebox
I saw an incredible pumpkin roll in a catalog that made my mouth water. I immediately started dreaming up how I could make one with a raw recipe.
This was what I came up with on my first try, and my totally SAD family gobbled it up the past two days at Thanksgiving.
It even held its own with the SAD desserts!
You can substitute flax for the barley, but I find flax to have a bitter aftertaste. The barley is so sweet.
You could also sprout and grind your own.
I like the Sun Warrior version because it is raw, vegan, sprouted, easy and tasty.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 10 hours 48 min ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 3 days 4 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 3 days 13 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 3 days 13 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 3 days 13 hours ago