Yield8 to 9 dehydrator trays
2 cups golden flax seeds (soaked)
2 cups sunflower seeds or almonds (soaked)
4 carrots (chopped)
1/3 cup leeks (chopped, optional)
1 cup red pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup dried or fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons garlic powder or 3 cloves fresh garlic
2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
1. Soak the golden flax-seeds in 3 cups water for 4 to 6 hours, do not drain.
2. Soak the sunflower seeds or almonds for 6 to 8 hours and drain them.
3. Blend the soaked flax and sunflower seeds (or almonds) in a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Combine the carrots, leeks, bell pepper, rosemary, garlic, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and sea salt in the food processor and blend until finely minced.
5. Mix this with the flax/sunflower mixture in the bowl.
6. Spread on dehydrator sheets at about 1/2" thick, score into squares and dehydrate for 12 to 16 hours or until desired crispness. Turn over halfway and break apart the croutons.
Tip: I used a melon baller to create my crouton shapes before I dehydrated. So, they are a smallish round shape instead of square.
Queenfluff's ThoughtsBy queenfluff
Now, you don’t have to miss having croutons on your salads!
The inspiration for this recipe comes from The Complete Book of Raw Foods.
I made these because I could not find any other recipe for raw croutons anywhere. These turned out quite nice.
The recipe makes up to 9 dehydrator tray of croutons.
I halved my recipe because I wanted to see if I liked them first. Halving it made about 4.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Almonds good or bad?deepshikaj - 18 hours 37 min ago
My new journey: Going completely raw! Who joins? In need of support:)Anastasia - 1 day 18 hours ago
Coming back to raw after six years away.Anastasia - 1 day 18 hours ago
Fruitarian and fruit varietyClaireT - 3 days 4 hours ago
Soaked Almondsmelissav - 3 days 7 hours ago