Raw corn chowder recipe
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating5/5 (from 11 ratings)5
- 1. Remove corn husks from cob. Slice the kernels off the cob by holding the corn cob vertically and carefully slicing down toward your cutting board.
- 2. Add all ingredients (except the second amount of corn) into your blender. Blend on high until very smooth and well-blended. Blend for longer than you would blend a smoothie, because you want the soup to be warm when coming out of the blender.
- 3. Pour chowder into a bowl. Add remaining corn and stir with a spoon. Garnish with pepper and chopped cilantro (optional).
- 4. Enjoy chowder immediately, while still warm from the blender.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Try this satisfying vegan chowder when you want the creamy, comforting feeling of a bowl of thick warm soup.
If using fresh corn for this recipe, you’ll need at least three or four corn cobs on hand. (If you can’t get fresh corn, use well-drained, unsweetened canned corn. (If using canned corn, rinse and drain corn kernels. Pat dry with a clean tea towel.) But it’s fresher and sweeter to use fresh, uncooked corn sliced straight off the cob.
Flavor tip: I normally add fresh garlic to my raw soup recipes and you may be tempted to do the same. However, avoid adding garlic because the flavors don’t go well with the sweetness of the corn.
This recipe makes enough for one large bowl for one person or two small appetizer cups.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes