Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes 20 2 inch by 2 inch pieces
1 cup almonds (soaked 12 hours)
½ cup rejuvelac
1 cup buckwheat groats (sprouted)
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ teaspoon ground vanilla bean or extract
¼ teaspoon fresh ground cloves (ground)
1 dash nutmeg
zest of 1 orange
1. Prerequisites: Rejuvelac, Soaked and sprouted almonds, Soaked and sprouted buckwheat. Process almonds and buckwheat with rejuvelac until smooth.
2. Mix in nutmeg, cloves, salt, and vanilla.
3. Spoon onto Teflex sheet, flatten into a 8 inch x10 inch rectangle with a spatula and score (4 lines one way, 5 lines the other or however you like) with a butter knife.
4. Sprinkle orange zest evenly over of ready-to-dehydrate bread.
5. Dehydrate for about 20 hours or until desired consistency is attained.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
On my quest to develop the perfect cracker upon which to spread raw almond butter, I figured, why not just use almonds?
To optimize digestion, I try to avoid using more than one source of fat at a time in a recipe, or combining fats with sweets.
So this is my attempt to enjoy almonds without any added sweeteners. It has a warm autumnal taste without being heavy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
HIGH calorie raw foods. PLEASEClaireT - 28 min 34 sec ago
how to blend raw fruit puree?monicak6092 - 2 days 17 hours ago
which is the best kitchen blender ?ClaireT - 4 days 9 hours ago
How do you afford all of those nuts?allmyteetharesweet - 5 days 19 hours ago
Really Dry Skinallmyteetharesweet - 1 week 17 hours ago