Rating4.3/5 (from 4 ratings)4.25
¼ cup yacon syrup
¼ cup honey
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup cacao powder
2/3 cup cacao nibs
1 teaspoon goji powder
2 tablespoons almond butter
2/3 cup cacao butter
½ cup coconut butter or oil
¼ cup water
1/2 cup cashews or macadamia nuts (soaked for 4+ hrs)
1/2 cup young coconut meat
2-3 tablespoons coconut water or juice from young coconut
1/4 cup light agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1. Put all the chocolate brownie ingredients in a Vita-Mix or very high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Place batter on 1 or 2 Teflex sheets and spread 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
3. Dehydrate for 24 – 36 hours.
4. Half way through, remove from Teflex sheet carefully. It will still be a little soft. Move to parchment or wax paper and place in the refrigerator to firm a little before going to assembly step.
5. For the vanilla pudding, place all the ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high powered blender.
6. Chill in the refrigerator.
7. With the brownie flats on wax or parchment paper, spread the vanilla filling thinly on top.
8. Carefully roll the brownie and wrap in parchment/wax paper and freeze.
9. Before you are ready to eat, take it out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Refreeze whatever you don’t eat.
10. This is best kept in the freezer and has a nice soft/crunchy texture to it.
Laurao's ThoughtsBy laurao
I’m actually still in the process of perfecting this, but here is what I started with and it is already a family favorite.
The hardest part about this recipe (besides needing the right equipment) is not eating all the brownie batter while waiting for it to dry! I barely had any left to make this piece because of my nibbling! So I actually doubled the original recipe that I made. I hope it turns out the same.
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of making and assembling this with the vanilla cream, it also makes great brownies. Try putting jungle peanuts on top! Yum!
The Vanilla filling is a very slight alteration from the Vanilla Cream recipe in the Raw Food, Real World cookbook.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.