2 cups buckwheat groats (soaked for at least one hour)
½ cup maple syrup or agave
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Rinse buckwheat well after soaking and allow to drain.
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until the consistency of liquidy oatmeal--do not thoroughly puree.
3. Spread onto two or more lined dehydrator trays about 1/8 inch thick or so.
4. Dehydrate at 115° Fahrenheit for 4-8 hours until the top is dry to the touch and you can peel the Teflex easily.
5. Remove from dehydrator and flip the whole thing over by placing a screened tray over the buckwheaties. Peel away Teflex and place back into the dehydrator for 8 or more hours, until it is completely dry and crunchy.
6. Break into pieces and store in glass airtight containers or keep in fridge.
Devachal's ThoughtsBy devachal
I modified this recipe from the wonderful raw food book, Raw Food, Real World, by Mathew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis.
I cut down on the sweetener and salt and did not add the stevia recommended in the recipe.
This is supposed to stay good for weeks but mine never last that long! Feel free to explore using different spices, such as cinnamon or nutmeg!
This cereal is amazing with vanilla Brazil nut milk. I will try to post a picture of these soon!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
I began soaking raw almonds and raw cashews last week without water changes. Are they safe to eat?marcin - 1 day 15 hours ago
Juicing PineappleClaireT - 3 days 15 hours ago
eyelashesharmonys - 4 days 1 hour ago
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 6 days 18 hours ago
Really Dry Skinamelykruskal - 1 week 2 days ago