3 tablespoons raw coconut butter (my jar was oily on top so i used the thick white meat and the oily part--same thing)
2 tablespoons raw cacao beans (to freshly chop)
1 tablespoon raw honey or agave nectar
Fresh mint leaf (first batch; chopped)
Mulberries (second batch; dried)
1. Chop your cacao beans in a food processor. They will turn into an abundance of baby nibs.
2. Add the oily coconut butter and raw sweetener. Process. Mixture will be chunky and oily.
3. Transfer mixture into a bowl and fork press it. Oil will start to really make its grand appearance. (This is good. It may even offer to sign an autograph for you.) You want it oily to help blend it together.
4. Now toss in your flavor ingredients. Use whatever suits your fancy and trust your intuition as to how much you’d like to add. I used about 2 tablespoons of mulberries in 3 chocolates and 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint from my garden in 4 chocolates.
5. Spoon mixture into cute ice cube tray molds or mini muffin-man-pans. I used heart shapes. I was able to fill 7 of them full, pressing the mixture down as much as I could get it to fit. Oil will start to rise up again. Let it do it’s thing. Pretend you are the paparazzi and take some pictures if you wish. It will be flattered, trust me.
6. Now cover it and place in the fridge. Allow it to set for a few hours. Mold will harden up and conform to mold shapes.
7. Use a knife and carefully “cut” around chocolates, gently pushing upwards as you do this to remove them from their molds. Do it slowly so they will not break. Do it fast and they will break and you’ll lose your shape. Be patient, it’s worth the wait. You can also beat the bottom and push them out.
8. Enjoy cold or let them sit out at room temp for a little bit. If your house is hot, then they will start to soften fast. Watch them! You don’t want them to melt. The sun will melt them very quickly, so be careful if you are one to “travel with chocolates.”
This is so easy, you wouldn’t believe something this quick could taste so good. I could probably make it with my hands tied behind my back.
My mom and I had a raw cacao couch party upstairs with this one! We couldn’t fit more than 2 chocolates each; they were that rich.
I made MmMmMint Chocolate Truffles and MmMmMulberry Truffles for this one, but the possibilities are endless once you have your chocolate base!
i made 7 chocolates out of this into 2 different flavored batches. The mint ended up being my favorite. They were so rich.
They really are confident little candies. ;)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!