1 medium eggplant (sliced thin, lengthwise)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 tablespoon agave
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 tablespoon water or a little more to thin mixture
1. Mix all ingredients except eggplant. (I used an electric food slicer for uniform slices.)
2. Brush sliced eggplant lightly with mixture. Add water to mix as needed. (I used my fingers, but a pastry brush works well.)
3. Lay on parchment covered mesh dehydrator sheets. (I split the wide end of the eggplant an inch or so vertically in the middle and overlapped it to create straight slices. Hope this helps.)
4. Dry at 115 Fahrenheit until till crisp. Mine took about 12 hours as they were very thin.
For Canadian bacon, use jicama.
1. Thinly slice jicama into rounds or 1/4 dice.
2. Coat with a mixture of 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, 1-2 tablespoons smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon agave, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Dehydrate until crisp.
Try the bacon, but not the eggs. (They belong to my parrot!)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2023 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!