1 ripe medium to large avocado (not too soft though)
2 crimini or baby portabello mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped cipollini onion
1 tablespoon raw olive oil
1 tablespoon raw hemp seeds
I garden-gathered about 1/4 cup (when chopped) Italian style herbs: sweet basil, African blue basil, oregano flowers, thyme, rosemary, sage
Sprinkles of sea salt
Fresh ground black peppercorns
Optional: stalk of sage, oregano, edible flower, etc. (decoration)
DIRT AKA FILLING
1. Wash herbs and chop in food processor.
2. Add mushrooms (I cut mine in half), olive oil, hemp seeds and process. Your mix will be chunky. You can add a teaspoon of filtered water to moisten it. When you press the mixture with a spoon it will help draw it together more.
3. Stir the mixture into a bowl. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Fold and toss mixture, pressing into bowl to draw together.
EARTH AKA AVOCADO
5. Cut your avocado in even halves. Remove pit.
6. Scoop about 1/4 of the insides out in an even circle. You can use a small spoon or a small melon scooper to create your pit.
7. Season avocado with a sprinkle of sea salt and more ground pepper.
8. Scoop dirt into the pit of your earth.
I call this “Dirt and Earth” because the colors are brown and green which remind me of fresh soil and greenery.
I also set up the presentation to resemble a grassy green avocado hill and sage tree.
Everything used is edible.
This is by far the best ever. I have mixed some of my favorite ingredients together.
You can make this in 5 minutes flat. It can be served as a hearty snack or even a filling meal.
They make wonderful appetizers (use small avocados for appetizer purposes) and are great for parties.
You and your guests will feel at home with yourselves and the earth when you dig (your spoon) into “the earth” and accept nature’s nourishment.
You can use the remaining avocado to form a green hill and poke a stalk of sage or oregano into the hill for decoration.
Lay your spoon on the earth and dig in the dirt! Be adventurous! Take a dive and feel alive! This recipe is a must try!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!