Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
1 to 2 ounces fresh ginger root (peeled, diced)
1 gala apple (cored, unpeeled)
1 pear (cored, unpeeled)
1 navel orange (peeled)
2 handfuls of lacinato kale (stems removed)
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 or 2 cups orange juice or raw kombucha tea (you can choose)
Raw honey (optional, for taste)
1. Wash and prepare the fruits, leaves, and root.
2. In a blender, drop in diced ginger root, 2 bananas, apple, pear, and orange. Start the blender.
3. Add 1 cup orange juice or kombucha tea. Make sure the mixture is "going" and not stuck.
4. Stop the blender and put in spinach and kale leaves. Pulse until the mixture starts to flow and let the blender run for a minute or 2. The smoothie should be thick.
5. If it is too thick, blend in more orange juice or kombucha tea.
6. Do a taste test. If it needs to be sweetened, add and blend in raw honey to taste. Chill if needed.
Deaf258's ThoughtsBy deaf258
This recipe is really good and I drink it at least once a day.
Most of my non-vegan/vegetarian friends fear this drink, though. That's where the smoothie recipe derives its name, "But it smells like grass!"
If it is really green, then you know it is good for you! Green is good!
If possible, please find organic ingredients. Aside from raw honey, all the ingredients should be chilled.
Sometimes I am unable to find lacinato kale, so I use more baby spinach if needed. If the blender is not full enough, add more spinach/kale leaves and orange juice or kombucha tea.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note