Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield1 pie. Servings depend on you. To share or not to share, that is the question?!)
3 cups fresh walnuts (shelled and broken into pieces)
3½ cups fresh dates (pitted)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 bananas (or less)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (freshly squeezed)
1. In a food processor, add 2 cups walnuts and cinnamon. Process until fine.
2. Add oil and 1 cup dates and blend until you have a doughy-sticky ball.
3. Press crust into bottom of pan (I totally recommend a cake pan with a removable bottom! I didn’t use one and some of my pieces fell apart when serving!).
4. In a blender, add remaining walnuts and dates, lemon juice, water and 3 of the bananas.
5. Blend together until smooth.You will have a beautiful, thick cream
6. Slice one banana and place pieces on the crust before pouring the cream on. You can use half a banana if you’re not a huge fan of them like me.
7. Pour cream over banana slices and smooth. Decorate the top with the last banana/other half and sprinkle cinnamon on the very top.
8. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
KurdishMom0607's ThoughtsBy KurdishMom0607
What does a pregnant woman do when her “nesting urge” kicks in? She makes a pie, of course!
The credit for this recipe goes to Zoe and the Boutenko kids. Thanks for the inspiration!
Zoe’s recipe calls for berry jam; however, berries are impossible to get this time of year in Kurdistan so I subbed bananas instead (Hey I love bananas!). All of my non-raw-in-laws loved this pie so that says a lot right there.
Also just a note: the day I made this, our electricity was just awful! And my blender wasn’t working on the weak current, so I had to make this all by food processor in batches. It still came out great but I’m listing the recipe the way it was intended to be made, but just for your information, you can make this without a blender and it still tastes great!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Olive oil and honey face maskTammiTrue - 23 hours 11 min ago
Staying raw during quarantineTammiTrue - 23 hours 13 min ago
Anti aging effects of raw foodrobing9010 - 4 days 13 hours ago
I hate my juicer! Help Pleaselizab - 4 days 13 hours ago
Is it good to eat only when hungry?lizab - 5 days 16 hours ago