Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
1/3 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw carob powder
1/4 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon raw coconut butter
3 tablespoons raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid; use more if mixture is too thick)
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon raw maca powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon raw sesame tahini
1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
5-20 drops non-alcoholic stevia extract (add carefully, if you put too much, it will have a bitter taste.)
1 cup raw flax seeds
1 cup to 1 1/2 cups water
1. Put the flax seeds in a small bowl. Pour in the water till the seeds are covered.
2. Stir it and let it soak for about an hour. You may need to add some more water. The water will turn into a clear jelly. You want the mixture to be gooey, not runny.
3. Stir in a dash of salt, not too much because the chocolate dip will also be salty.
4. Spread the mixture out onto a teflex sheet and make sure it's about 1/8" thick. Dehydrate for 4-6 hours on 110 F. Flip over and dehydrate for another few hours or till crispy.
5. If you don't have a dehydrator (like me) you can pour the mixture over parchment paper and dehydrate in a convection oven at 110 F for the same amount of time.
6. Break or slice crackers into pieces. If you want to get fancy, you can cut them into stick shapes.
7. Mix all chocolate ingredients in a food processor and process until somewhat smooth. It should be pretty liquidy.
8. Spread a piece of parchment paper on a plate. Dip prepared raw flax crackers in the dip until they are completely covered.
9. Lay the chocolate covered crackers out on the parchment paper and put in the freezer until the "chocolate" is solid.
10. Peel them off and enjoy!
Kellyinfncolo's ThoughtsBy kellyinfncolo
It started off as a cookie. I made it too liquidy.
After tasting the sweet and salty flavor, it reminded me of chocolate covered pretzels.
I dug out my flax crackers and dipped it and it tasted amazing.
I wasn't measuring so everything is kind of a guess (sorry)! Use your judgment.
It should be sweet, salty, and chocolatey. Yum!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Raw vegan eco village in Africa or Australia?mariyahkaitlyn - 9 min 59 sec ago
notcicing my teeth are becoming see throughtomp6 - 13 hours 16 min ago
Is it normal to have random sleep problems?mariyahkaitlyn - 22 hours 54 min ago
I'm Nit Weighing Myselfdeer4 - 1 day 1 hour ago
Algae Oil DHA EPAannas2585 - 2 days 8 hours ago