1 cup coconut pulp from young coconuts
½ cup coconut (shredded)
½ teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons agave
1 dash of sea salt
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 teaspoons organic chocolate extract
3 tablespoons agave
Raw almonds (soaked or unsoaked)
1. Make the chocolate sauce first and set aside so that it can thicken up. If you like it dark, make it the way I have suggested. If you like milk-chocolate, take out the extract, use less cacao, and add nut milk slowly until desired consistency.
2. Mix the filling ingredients in a bowl and then form into candy shapes on a plate or on wax paper.
3. Place almonds on top of the candy bars and press them in gently.
4. Cover with desired amount of chocolate sauce.
5. Set in fridge or eat immediately before anyone sees what you have made!
These are one of my all-time favorite candy bars.
When I saw the beautiful pulp from making coconut milk, I just had to make these!
I have to admit my measurements may be a bit off. I just whipped these up to taste based on the amount of pulp I had. Please add these ingredients slowly and to your taste.
I would like your suggestions on making them even more sticky and gooey like the “real thing,” although I enjoyed these very much and they have that freshness that a candy bar could never have.
They really hit the spot.
PS: If you have made too much chocolate sauce, no worries. It goes great on strawberries for the next few days!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!