Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup walnuts (soaked for an hour)
½ cup Medjool dates (soaked for 15 minutes)
Pinch of salt
3 large comice pears (sliced very thin)
½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries (soaked for 30 minutes)
2 tablespoons raw agave
1. Prepare crust by combining walnuts, dates, and salt in food processor. I like my crust to be a little chunky so I pulse the processor until I get a coarse texture. Use a tablespoon of water if needed to process well.
2. Press into bottom of a pie plate.
3. For the cranberry layer, use a food processor to create a paste using 1/2 cup cranberries and agave. If you’re feeling fancy, add a squirt of lemon juice for added tang.
4. Layer pears onto crust until pie plate is about half way filled.
5. Spread cranberry paste evenly throughout middle of tart.
6. Top with the remainder of pears (to prevent browning, lightly brush top of pears with lemon juice) and cinnamon to taste.
Elizabeth's ThoughtsBy elizabeth
I worked this tart out for Christmas and kind of forgot about it (so measurements are approximated from memory).
The ingredients are simple but the flavors come together quite well. Could also be fun with a brunch.
The pears should be as ripe as possible without being mushy for best results.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note