Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
YieldMakes an 8 or 9 inch pie
2 cups raw walnuts (finely ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup agave
2¼ cups pine nuts (ground)
1 cup organic coconut oil
½ cup agave
1 organic lemon (juiced)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
1 pint organic strawberries (washed and chopped)
2 tablespoons agave
5 drops organic lemon juice
1. Before making the pie, add all topping ingredients in a bowl and mash. Set aside so that all the juices start to flow and let it marinate.
2. Butter your pie pan with coconut oil.
3. Grind nuts in a coffee grinder. Pour nuts, agave, sea salt, and cinnamon into the food processor and process until mixture starts to come together but is still crumbly.
4. Form crust in your dish and set in the fridge while you make the filling.
5. Pour all filling ingredients into the food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Make sure to taste to see if you need to add anything.
6. Pour half the filling into the pie crust, then add about 1/4 of the strawberry topping mixture in the middle of the pie.
7. Pour the rest of the filling on top.
8. Take some strawberry juice and swirl it on top gently. Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Note: I have soaked the pine nuts for 1-4 hours, but you do not have to. My mother-in-law made it without soaking them at all, and the cake was still fabulous! I have also made cheesecake with half cashews (soaked for 4 hours) and half pine nuts, and the texture was also very nice. I feel bad for not mentioning this--I brought the coconut oil to a liquid by letting it set in warm water before adding it to the food processor. I do not know if it is just as good both ways. My thinking was that once it solidified again in the fridge, it would make it nice and firm.
ChocolatestRAWberry's ThoughtsBy chocolatestRAWberry
Cheesecake with a special main ingredient. My mother-in-law accidentally came up with the cheesecake, and my husband and I loved it!
I added vanilla and strawberry filling swirled in and as a topping.
This cheesecake is really to die for!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
I began soaking raw almonds and raw cashews last week without water changes. Are they safe to eat?marcin - 1 day 22 hours ago
Juicing PineappleClaireT - 3 days 22 hours ago
eyelashesharmonys - 4 days 8 hours ago
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 1 week 1 hour ago
Really Dry Skinamelykruskal - 1 week 2 days ago