1 cup cashews
1 cup + 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons lucuma powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
1/3 cup cacao butter (melted)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cacao powder
Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Process all of the above listed ingredients, except for the 1/4 shredded coconut, together in a food processor using an ‘S’ blade.
2. Place the processed mixture in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and add in the ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut.
3. Press the mixture into a 9 by 9 glass baking dish. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. Using a small to medium size heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out heart-shaped cookie shapes for the macaroons and set aside. Dehydrate the macaroons at 104 Fahrenheit for approximately 4-6 hours.
5. For the dark chocolate, melt the cacao butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl over a pot filled with warm water. Using a sifter, sift the ½ cup cacao powder in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
6. Once the cacao butter is melted, mix in the maple syrup, vanilla, cacao powder, and cayenne pepper. Whisk until the overall mixture is a smooth, liquid consistency.
7. Dip the macaroons and strawberries in the chocolate mixture, covering the half of each cookie, or top of each cookie.
8. Decorate with strawberries and serve on a white platter for a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert.
These Sweetheart Vanilla Macaroons Dipped in Dark Chocolate are the perfect raw vegan Valentine’s Day treat.
This dessert uses antioxidant-rich superfoods such as raw cacao and lucuma powder and is quick and easy to prepare.
The combination of dark chocolate with the vanilla and caramel undertones of the coconut macaroon cookie base will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
Strawberries. Chocolate. Macaroons. Vanilla. A perfect Valentine’s Day!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!