Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes 4 dehydrator sheets (about 36 pieces)
5 cup sprouted quinoa flour
¼ cup maca
2 tablespoon mesquite
2 teaspoon real salt
½ cup chia seeds
1½ cup water
1 cup olive oil
2 zucchini (roughly chopped)
1. To make the quinoa flour, soak 3-4 cups of dry quinoa for about 4 hours. Drain water and let sit for a day or so. Rinse once or twice during this time. You’ll soon see the little tails, and it will be ready to go. Spread the sprouts on dehydrator sheets and dry at a low heat for 4-5 hours. When dry to touch, grind in batches in a blender or coffee grinder. I did not sift my flour, but if you want a finer grain you could.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix together: quinoa flour, maca, mesquite, salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the chia seeds with the 1 1/2 cups of water and set aside.
4. In a blender, combine the olive oil, dates, and zucchini. Add this to the chia goop and mix well. Then combine the dry and wet ingredients in the large bowl and mix well with a spoon (and/or your hands) until well combined.
5. Divide the dough into four equal parts. Using an offset spatula, spread the mix on dehydrator sheets to an even thickness. Or, place a second sheet on top of the dough and roll out with a rolling pin. Trim the edges so you have a big square shape. Another tip is to place a piece of shelf liner that people use to keep their dishes from slipping in cabinets (it’s white and a little puffy and net-like) under the bottom sheet to prevent slippage. It works like a charm.
6. Dehydrate for several hours before flipping, scoring (I do 9 equal squares) and returning to dehydrate without the teflex sheets until the bread is to your preferred texture.
Nanamensah's ThoughtsBy nanamensah
This is a yummy supercharged bread free of flax and nuts.
I have been toying with the idea of grinding dehydrated, sprouted quinoa for a while, and I was very happy with the results!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 16 hours 32 min ago
Alkaline water - healthy or not?katherinep - 2 days 5 hours ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 2 days 6 hours ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago