3 cups almond meal
1 3/4 cups water
6 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
4 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Seeds from 2 vanilla beans
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1. Blend all the ingredients for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
2. Pour into a container and let set in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to open up.
3. Once ready to serve, equally pour into 2 wine glasses.
4. Cut each fig into 4 segments.
5. Top each wine glass with the 4 fig segments and sprinkle the orange zest and thyme over the top. Serve immediately.
While I was in Tuscany, I fell in love with 2 things: almond flavored desserts and figs!
So everyone takes something different away from their travels through this region of Italy and for me it is this Tuscan Frangipane with Figs.
The frangipane hits your mouth with several flavor with the sweet almonds, lemon zest, and vanilla bean.
Topped with figs, thyme and orange zest, this lovely dessert will impress all guest with the diverse flavors of all things that are Tuscan!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!