Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldDepends on how hungry you are
4 cups hard red winter wheatberries (sprouted, dehydrated)
1 cup of almond meal
4 tablespoons flax meal
Caraway to taste
Sea salt to taste
1. First go on and sprout your wheat-berries for 2 days, then dry. keep an eye on them, they dried really quickly.
2. After you've dried them, grind in the vita-mix (or any blender, i think) until you have a nice flour consistency (it'll be grainy, but still soft to the touch).
3. Dump into a mixing bowl with the almond meal and flax meal and combine together.
4. Add filtered water and mix with your hands until you have a doughy consistency. Make sure it's moist enough to be easily spread on Teflex.
5. Add in caraway and salt to taste, and combine thoroughly.
6. Spread on Teflex until around 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick (about).
7. Dry at 105 for around 7 hours, flipping after the first 2 hours. I dried mine on the Teflex the whole time because i went out for most of the day, and I didn't want to risk overdrying. I suppose that if you just do it on the regular sheets, it'll be done faster.
8. Cut into desired sized slices.
I think that with this particular bread, the most important thing is that you really only need a few tablespoons of flax meal.
Otherwise it tastes too flax-y for my taste buds. please offer feedback or variations, this wheaty-rye bread tastes so much like the "real deal" and i imagine that it can only get better with more ideas!
Hail-kale's ThoughtsBy hail-kale
This is round one of a bread-making experiment, and it turned out really well!
Please excuse the approximated measurements.
I make food by taste, touch, and how it looks.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 1 day 14 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 1 day 14 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 1 week 15 hours ago
Whole Grain Unhulled Hemp SeedsTammiTrue - 1 week 15 hours ago
How Long does Irish Moss Keepmoniquet - 1 week 5 days ago