Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
Yieldmakes about 4 cups
2 cup almonds, soaked overnight
2 tablespoon olive oil
this is very delicious. just follow these steps:
1. 2 cups of almonds soaked 8-12 hr.
2. boil water and blanch the almonds for a couple of seconds in the boiling water. this step is to facilitate the peeling of the almonds
3. put the almonds in cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. peel almonds by taking each one in your hand and squeezing to remove the skin. the skin will come off easily.
5. rinse the peeled almonds and put them in blender with equal amount of water. blend at high speeds until smooth.
6. put the almond mixture into a glass bowl and cover with cheese cloth. let stand at room temperature to ferment for 10-12 hr.
7. put the mixture in a nut bag or cheese cloth and let drain by hanging it over the sink for 12 hr.
8. Place the cheese in a bowl and put in salt, a bit of olive oil maybe 2 tb or more and dried spices such as parsley, dill, tarragon, basil, etc.
Mpop's ThoughtsBy mpop
I made this delicious almond cheese and it came out really tasty. Very nice on crackers or wraps or anything else.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???Creativelycc - 12 hours 26 min ago
Coconut meatCreativelycc - 12 hours 44 min ago
Natural Hair ColorCreativelycc - 12 hours 48 min ago
Nut allergyHarmony1 - 19 hours 33 min ago
Is it easy to be raw in Thailand?Harmony1 - 19 hours 36 min ago