Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
2 apples (cored, chopped)
2 tablespoons agave
1 tablespoon cinnamon (to taste)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup water (or more)
Pinch of salt
2 cups buckwheat (soaked for 30-60 minutes, rinsed)
2 tablespoons flax seeds soaked in 6 tablespoons water (basically an egg replacement)
1/2 cup almonds (ground)
1. Blend the apple, agave, dates, cinnamon, water, and vanilla until everything is well-blended and there are no lumps.
2. In a processor, add the blended syrup, buckwheat, flax mixture, and almonds. Process until everything is thoroughly mixed.
3. Using teflex or parchment/wax paper, spread mixture evenly onto trays. The thicker the spread, the longer it will take to dehydrate.
4. I dehydrated on 110 F but 105 F is fine. (Be careful not to make the ends thin, because it will dry faster and even crack.)
5. I would score after about 16 hrs (or more for those using 105 degrees), flip over, and dehydrate for 2 or more hours until dry.
ItVeganAtGenesis's ThoughtsBy ItVeganAtGenesis
This was a lovely mistake. I was attempting to make apple cinnamon grawnola.
I'm so used to making grawnola with dehydrated buckwheat groats (simply adding fruit and syrup to the dry groats then dehydrating), but this recipe called for soaked buckwheat groats.
I misread the recipe and didn't realize that the syrup was to be added to the soaked groats--not processed along with it!
If the groats would have been dry, it would have been fine. So the outcome was bread/toast. It's the tastiest mistake I've made this year.
The texture is soft like bread, similar to Ezekiel bread.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Can broccoli be eaten raw?ClaireT - 20 hours 58 min ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthClaireT - 21 hours 3 min ago
Detox Rash?????sherryllmillicentp - 3 days 52 min ago
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 5 days 22 hours ago
Activated Living Hemp FoodsTammiTrue - 5 days 22 hours ago