YieldMakes 2 trays
½ cup almonds (soaked)
½ cup sunflower seeds (soaked)
¼ cup lime juice
¼ head celery, including leaves
1 tablespoon cumin seeds (ground)
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked)
1 teaspoon cayenne or chili powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup golden flax (ground)
1. Pulse the almonds, sunflower seeds and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor.
2. Add the lime juice, celery stalks (roughly chopped first), ground cumin seeds, cayenne and sea salt.
3. Then add the ground flax, using as much of the tomato soak water as needed to mix. You may need to add some more water too.
4. Finally mix in the celery leaves (or parsley if no leaves). You can either do this in the food processor, or by hand. If by hand then you will need to chop the leaves first.
5. Divide the mixture roughly into 2 and spread on dehydrator trays. Dehydrate for about 5 hours, then flip, cut into pieces, and dehydrate until totally dry.
Cath's ThoughtsBy Cath
These crackers are very versatile.
The original recipe uses 1 red pepper and a bunch of herbs, but I like to use celery – if your celery doesn’t have any leaves then add some parsley instead.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Raw Veggie Stew Recipes?davehaster - 13 hours 54 min ago
Are raw sprouts going to make me sick?Sprouting - 21 hours 16 min ago
Have put too much liquid (water from garbanzos) in tahini hummus! how to thicken?ClaireT - 1 day 4 hours ago
Raw challenge!ClaireT - 1 day 4 hours ago
How to ripen bananasClaireT - 1 day 4 hours ago