Yield6 small cakes
1/2 cup buckwheaties (sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat)
2 Medjool dates
5 tablespoons orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1/2 ripe avocado
7 tablespoons carob
1 teaspoon orange zest (from about 1 orange)
1. Process half of the buckwheaties into a fine powder in the mini processor.
2. Place the processed buckwheaties, along with the whole buckwheaties, into a small bowl. Sieve 4 tablespoons of the carob into the bowl.
3. Place a Medjool date and 4 tablespoons of orange juice into the mini processor and process until you have a syrup.
4. Pour the syrup into the bowl with the buckwheaties and carob and mix really well until you have a thick dough that sticks together when you press it.
5. Form the mixture into 6 bases using a 2-inch biscuit cutter as a mold.
6. Place the other Medjool date and 1 tablespoon orange juice into the mini processor and process until you have a syrup.
7. Scoop out the avocado and put into a bowl, along with the date syrup, 3 tablespoons sieved carob, and ¾ teaspoon orange zest.
8. Mash the avocado into the other ingredients, combining well until you have a smooth chocolately mousse.
9. Spoon the mousse onto the buckwheat bases and top with the remaining orange zest.
Pathlesstrodden's ThoughtsBy pathlesstrodden
I created this dessert specially for a recent raw food demonstration and lunch. My guinea pigs loved it!
They were even more amazed to try a dessert made from avocado.
This healthy fruit, rich in natural oils, gives a perfect way to make an easy raw-vegan mousse. I combined it with a crunchy buckwheat base to provide a rich, smooth, couple of bite-size desserts. Enjoy!
If you don’t have buckwheaties, you could try making the base with oats or ground almonds/sunflower seeds.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 1 day 12 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 1 day 12 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 1 day 12 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 2 days 19 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 6 days 8 min ago