YieldApproximately 1 dozen cookies
1½ cups almonds (soaked, dehydrated)
½ cup walnuts (soaked, dehydrated)
½ teaspoon almond extract
1½ cups dates (pitted)
1 semi-sweet chocolate bar (broken into chunks)
1. Grind ½ cup of the almonds into a powder in a food processor and set aside.
2. Place the remaining cup of almonds and walnuts in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
3. Add the dates and the orange zest or almond extract and process until the mixture sticks together.
4. Add the chocolate chunks and pulse just to mix.
5. Form the dough into 2 inch round balls and flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Roll each cookie in the almond powder. If desired, warm the cookies for a few minutes in a low oven or a dehydrator to melt the chocolate slightly.
7. Store refrigerated or frozen.
AliciaD's ThoughtsBy AliciaD
This recipe was given to me by a friend. She got it from somewhere but it’s great.
It satisfies my chocolate cravings!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Detox Rash?????sherryllmillicentp - 15 hours 8 min ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?Coconut Goddess - 18 hours 36 min ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthCoconut Goddess - 18 hours 36 min ago
Healthy Choice for not so hip ( mywinlife.com/edwardsgroup )Wayne - 1 day 6 hours ago
New Raw Potluck - Philadelphia, PA Suburbspram3010 - 2 days 19 hours ago