1 apple (skin removed)
¾ cup golden flax seed (ground)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup water (or as needed)
Blueberries (for eyes)
Strawberries (cut; for mouth)
1. Process apple in a food processor or blender.
2. Add the remaining ingredients (except blueberries and strawberries) and blend until a batter is formed. You can add more water if it is too thick, but you want it pretty thick to shape it.
3. Put a large scoop on the teflex sheet and form into a pancake.
4. Take two smaller dollops and form ears (you can use a spoon or small spatula to shape the face).
5. Add eyes for blueberries and cut strawberries for mouths.
6. Put in dehydrator at 105 F. After 3 hours, flip using a spatula and dehydrate for another 3 hours.
7. Serve with maple syrup.
I got the idea for these adorable bear-pancakes when watching 27 Dresses and knew my kids would love them. And they do!
I make them late morning and serve them for dinner that night.
Pic taken before dehydrating.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!