Yield1 large, 3 appetizer
- 4 lg tomatoes, preferably homegrown or local since it's tomato season!!
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
- 1 ripe (red) jalapeno or more for HOTT. If you can only find green ones you can use that, or set some green ones on your
window sill until they start turning red.
- 1/8 large yellow onion*
- 1 clove garlic*
- juice of 3 small limes
- herbs of choice. For classic salsa I like just using cilantro. This time I didn't have any on hand so I picked some dill and garlic chives from my garden and that worked really well.
1. Dice tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and garlic.
2. Mince herbs.
3. Through everything together in a bowl and mix with lime juice.
Another option is to blend some or all of this, depending on how you like your salsa.
This is good right away, but gets even better if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.
*the 80/10/10 diet does not recommend eating onions and garlic. If you don't use these foods, you can leave them out completely or use a milder version like green onions and/or garlic chives.
Erin's ThoughtsBy erin
Light summertime homegrown salsa. Check out this recipe and many other low fat raw recipes on my blog: www.the811recipespot.blogspot.com
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Frequently Asked Questions / GlossaryClaireT - 1 day 19 hours ago
Anyone heard about Alissa Cohen's show?Smileen - 2 days 14 hours ago
Should we supplement on a raw diet.ClaireT - 5 days 15 hours ago
Greetings All!LolaQuiz - 6 days 23 hours ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 1 week 1 day ago