- 4 lg tomatoes, preferably homegrown or local since it's tomato season!!
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
- 1 ripe (red) jalapeno or more for HOTT. If you can only find green ones you can use that, or set some green ones on your
window sill until they start turning red.
- 1/8 large yellow onion*
- 1 clove garlic*
- juice of 3 small limes
- herbs of choice. For classic salsa I like just using cilantro. This time I didn't have any on hand so I picked some dill and garlic chives from my garden and that worked really well.
1. Dice tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and garlic.
2. Mince herbs.
3. Through everything together in a bowl and mix with lime juice.
Another option is to blend some or all of this, depending on how you like your salsa.
This is good right away, but gets even better if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.
*the 80/10/10 diet does not recommend eating onions and garlic. If you don't use these foods, you can leave them out completely or use a milder version like green onions and/or garlic chives.
Erin's ThoughtsBy erin
Light summertime homegrown salsa.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Change in eye colourClaireT - 21 hours 48 min ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 1 day 19 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 2 days 9 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 3 days 3 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 3 days 3 hours ago