1½ bananas (frozen, chopped)
2 tablespoons raw nut butter of choice
1 tablespoon agave nectar (plus extra for toppings)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen strawberries (pureed in blender)
1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
1 sprinkle raw almonds (sliced)
1 sprinkle raw walnuts (pieces)
1 sprinkle raw cocoa nibs
½ fresh banana
1. To make the “banilla ice cream” base, combine frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon raw nut butter of choice (I use almond or cashew macadamia butter), 1 tablespoon agave nectar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and a dash of sea salt in a small food processor. Process until combined into a soft-serve consistency.
2. Remove one large ice cream scoop of banilla, place in a serving bowl, and put in freezer to set.
3. Make the strawberry “ice cream” by adding 3/4 of the frozen strawberry puree to the rest of the banilla. Process until just combined.
4. Remove one large ice cream scoop of the newly created strawberry “ice cream,” place in the serving bowl with the scoop of banilla, and put back in freezer to set.
5. Transform the remaining strawberry “ice cream” into chocolate by adding 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and processing until just combined.
6. Remove all of the chocolate “ice cream” from the food processor and add to the bowl with the banilla and strawberry. Place in freezer to set.
7. When ready to eat, top the banilla scoop with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa mixed with agave nectar, sea salt, vanilla, and a sprinkle of almond slices.
8. Mix the leftover, now-thawed, strawberry puree with a little agave and pour over the strawberry scoop. Sprinkle with walnut pieces.
9. Mix the reserved 1 tablespoon of nut butter with some more agave, vanilla, and sea salt. Pour over the chocolate scoop and top with raw cocoa nibs.
10. Slice half a banana lengthwise into three strips and place between the three flavored scoops. Enjoy!
Shannonmarie's ThoughtsBy shannonmarie
This is another version of my banana “ice cream.” See also “Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream.”
I’ve had so much fun making (and of course, eating) different flavors of this frozen treat, that I finally decided to go all out and make a variety of flavors and toppings at once.
My non-raw husband couldn’t help but salivate over my newest masterpiece. I guess I could share a little.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Happy to be here!wildebeest - 1 day 7 hours ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 8 hours ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 1 day 21 hours ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 2 days 6 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?michele4131 - 3 days 15 hours ago