Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
1 cup sweet potato (shredded or diced)
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 green onion
½ cayenne chili pepper (sliced)
2 teaspoons raw stone-ground mustard
1 teaspoon raw agave nectar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon cumin
Handful of raw cashews (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
1. Finely shred raw sweet potato. Set aside. You can instead choose to dice the sweet potato; if so, place directly in a mixing bowl.
2. Thinly slice green onion and ½ of cayenne chili. Chop apple (choose a tart or sweet variety like pink lady, Braeburn, Fuji). Break cauliflower into small florets. Place these four ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Add prepared mustard (my favorite is Eden Foods’ raw stone ground brown mustard), agave, cinnamon, cumin. Stir well. Add salt to taste. Stir again.
4. Break or chop cashews into pieces and add them to the mixture. Add shredded sweet potato and fold into the existing mixture.
5. Serve garnished with a pinch of cayenne if desired.
FawnM's ThoughtsBy FawnM
My taste tester and I were almost going to call this raw food recipe “so good we can’t think of a name.”
Fortunately, a more descriptive title came forth: Spiced Root to Fruit.
Since the ingredients span roots to fruits, it too is an appropriate name.
When these simple ingredients come together, they create a delightful synergy. You’ll taste a little sweet, a little spice, and a hint of kapow.
So good you won’t know what you want to call it.
Spiced Root to Fruit will keep in the fridge longer than you’ll ever let it.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 3 days 20 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 6 days 13 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 22 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 22 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 6 days 22 hours ago