Raw frosting recipe
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (or non-raw alternative soy lecithin) (ground in coffee grinder, should be powdery and fine)
- 1. Add all ingredients in blender, except the coconut oil and the sunflower lecithin.
- 2. Blend well.
- 3. Add coconut oil and sunflower lecithin and blend again.
- 4. Pour raw frosting recipe into bowl. Let sit in a cool refrigerator for at least three hours so that it will solidify a little.
- 5. Ice cake or other goody! Store in refrigerator.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This raw frosting recipe is basically easy, although it does require sunflower lecithin, which keeps the ingredients from separating and gives it that almost fluffy texture. I suggest making this raw frosting recipe in your high-speed blender.
This raw frosting recipe has a very simple, creamy, almost bland flavor, similar to whipped cream. It goes very well when you just want to add a creamy texture, and is especially good when combined with fresh fruits, like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and such.
This raw frosting recipe isn't overly sweet. You can increase the honey to a maximum of a 1/4 cup if you'd prefer it to be sweeter, but the basic raw frosting recipe below is fine with the 1/8 cup honey--and I do have a sweet tooth.
I like to use this raw frosting recipe as a whipped cream substitute. Be warned that this recipe really does need to set in the fridge, and it's quite runny until its been sitting in the fridge for a number of hours.
Use anywhere where you would use whipped cream or a basic raw frosting recipe. Remember, this recipe has a very subtle, simple flavor so you will want to pair it with an exciting flavor, like pineapple or raspberries... or both!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, and Iron.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes