Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes one 10″ springpan tart
2 1/4 cups Pecans
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup Dates, tightly packed
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/3 cup Cacao Powder
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or other liquid sweetener
Pinch of sea salt
STRAWBERRY FILLING AND GLAZE
Just over 1 pound strawberries
1/4 cup dates
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Process the pecans in the food processor until they form a fine meal. Add the dates and salt and continue until the dates are combined. Add the water and process on a low speed, about 10 seconds until large clumps start to form.
2. Wipe the inside of a 10″ spring pan with coconut oil and empty the pecan mixture into the spring pan. Firmly press the crust into place being sure to make a 1/2 inch lip around the edges.
3. Blend all the ingredients in a Magic Bullet or blender for 15 seconds or until the ingredients are completely mixed.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of the Chocolate Sauce into the spring pan and swirl the pan around to coat the entire crust and edges.
5. Place in the freezer to harden the Chocolate Sauce over the Pecan Crust while you prepare the Strawberry Filling and Glaze. Keep the remaining Chocolate Sauce for drizzling over each slice.
STRAWBERRY FILLING AND GLAZE
6. Let the dates soften in warm water.
7. Slice 2/3 of the strawberries into 1/4 inch slices. Remove the crust from the freezer and line the Chocolate Covered Pecan Crust with the sliced strawberries.
8. Drain the dates and blend the dates, remaining strawberries, and lemon juice in a Magic Bullet or blender until completely combined.
9. Pour the Strawberry Glaze over the sliced strawberries and place in the freezer for 1 hour or overnight to set.
10. To serve, slide a butter knife around the inside of the pan to separate the crust from the pan. Remove the springform sides, slice, plate, and drizzle each slice with the remaining Chocolate Sauce.
Bees Knees Kitchen's ThoughtsBy Bees Knees Kitchen
This sinfully delicious Chocolate Strawberry Tart is a thing of beauty!
It was my first raw dessert I ever made and wow did it win me over!
So how is the tart so blissful tasting? It starts with a warm-flavored pecan crust coated with a dark chocolate sauce. Then topped with fresh slice strawberries and drowned in a sweetened strawberry glaze.
One bite of this rich and decadent Chocolate Strawberry Tart, and your taste buds will sing for more!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FRUITARIAN!!!!loverlyjoy - 33 min 21 sec ago
Sick when eating cooked foodloverlyjoy - 44 min 46 sec ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 3 days 10 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 3 days 10 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 1 week 2 days ago