3/4 cup carrots (shredded or grated)
1/4 cup dates (moist and pitted)
1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
4 tablespoons coconut shreds
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons blue agave nectar
2 tablespoons cashews (ground)
1/4-1/2 cup raisins (not soaked)
1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 2-3 hours)
4 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons coconut butter or oil
1 teaspoon orange rind
Pinch of salt
1. Blend dates until they become a paste. Then add everything else, except for nuts, raisins and about a handful of carrot shavings.
2. Add nuts, raisins and carrots to the blend and pulse until well blended.
3. Mold into desired shape and place in dehydrator at 115 Fahrenheit for 4 hours or until firm enough to hold frosting.
4. For the frosting, place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
5. Place in refrigerator and allow to thicken if necessary. Frost cake as desired.
Hannah.hunnicutt's ThoughtsBy hannah.hunnicutt
Wow, this cake is so good, it's hard to believe it's raw!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Pomegranate is on the front lines of skin defensemikem - 6 hours 14 min ago
Less hungry on raw diet?Harmony1 - 11 hours 43 sec ago
What You Ate Todayalexg9433 - 20 hours 12 min ago
Lip BalmAmelia421 - 1 day 3 hours ago
What's the best moisturizer for dry skin?Amelia421 - 1 day 3 hours ago