1/2 cup date paste (thinned to a syrup)
1/4 cup pecan crumbs
Rind of one lemon (grated)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of ground ginger
2 recipes worth Scottish Shortbread (on my page)
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for the shortbread, in a large bowl. Mixture should be sticky and gooey.
2. Spread 1 1/2 recipe's worth of shortbread dough in a pie dish to form the shell of the tart.
3. Pour the filling on the shortbread crust.
4. Use the remaining 1/2 recipe's worth of shortbread to make a lattice design on top of the filling.
5. For the best consistency, put the tart in the fridge and let sit overnight. Enjoy!
This is almost exactly like the real English treacle tart.
I have always wanted to try some after reading Enid Blyton books.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!