3 cups of walnuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
1 cup of water (you might need 1.5 blender depending)
2 acidophilus pills
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup dried figs, sliced thinly
1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
Dried figs, halved
1. In a high-speed blender, blend pate ingredients until smooth. Secure cheesecloth in a jar or bowl and place mixture. Leave in a dark, room-temperature area for at least 24 hours.
2. Once fermented, release mixture from cheesecloth. Mix the remaining ingredients by hand. Set aside.
1. Mix figs with balsamic vinegar. Let sit for at least 12 hours, mixing every few hours. After figs have marinated, place figs in a food processor and pulse until chunky.
1. Mix fig puree and walnut pâté together. Pack mixture into a 3″ ring mold (this made enough to make a 3″ mold and a 1.75″ mold, seen above).
2. Place mold in freezer for about 45 minutes – or, until firm.
3. Once set, release pâté from mold. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, top with crushed walnuts and garnish with sliced fig.
Fermented walnut cheese with balsamic marinated figs - perfect for the holidays!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2022 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!