Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
3 fresh figs
¼ cup raspberries
Blueberries (as desired)
Fresh mint leaves
¼ cup date syrup (agave or honey works, too)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional; not raw) or balsamic glaze substitute
1. Cut figs into 6 petals by making 3 “X” style cuts across the pointed top of the fig, making sure not to cut all the way through.
2. Place blackberry in center.
3. Decorate plate as desired with berries and whole mint leaves.
4. Mix syrup with vinegar, if using.
5. Drizzle over plate.
6. Sprinkle with chopped mint.
Evergreen's ThoughtsBy evergreen
Beautiful summer breakfast.
Note: Balsamic glaze is also awesome on strawberries.
Raw substitute for balsamic glaze: Combine equal parts blackberry juice (juice will be very thick), date syrup, and Braggs apple cider vinegar in bullet or blender, strain, and keep in fridge in a squeeze bottle.
Juice can be easily made by pressing berries through a mesh strainer with the back of a spoon or using a nut milk bag or paint strainer (no staining on the one i used!) or juicer.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note