Yield4-8 cinnamon rolls
1¼ cup almond meal
1¼ cup ground flax seed
1 dash cayenne pepper
1½ tablespoons cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
1 cup soft pitted dates
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup agave nectar
¼ cup raisins (plus a little extra)
¼ cup nuts (chopped)
1. Combine the almond meal, ground flax seed, cayenne pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon, and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a food processor or blender, process dates, water, and vanilla into a paste. Remove half of the date paste and add it to the dry ingredients, along with olive oil and agave.
3. Mix these ingredients with your hands until it forms into a dough. Add a little water and/or agave if it is too dry, but be careful not to add too much.
4. Spread the dough out on a piece of parchment paper. Flatten/shape it into a 1/4-inch thick square.
5. Add 1/4 cup raisins and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the rest of the date paste left in your food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
6. Spread a thin layer of the paste onto the dough square, making sure to cover the whole surface, and top with a sprinkle of extra raisins and chopped walnuts.
7. Using the parchment paper to help hold everything together, carefully and tightly roll the square into a log. Chill in the refrigerator, and then slice into about 1-inch thick rounds.
Shannonmarie's ThoughtsBy shannonmarie
Just in time for the holidays, this cinnamon roll recipe satisfies the sweet tooth and the desire to continue a tradition.
My family always eats traditional cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Since I am the only one who eats raw, the rest of them will continue to indulge with their usual breakfast treat this year. But I don’t have to miss out with this tasty solution.
And it doesn’t have to be reserved for a special occasion. I have them for breakfast frequently, eating two of them with a side of fresh fruit. They also make a great snack or dessert.
These cinnamon rolls can be eaten right out of the refrigerator or warmed on a dehydrator.
I top mine with a generous icing of raw almond butter mixed with agave, vanilla, and sea salt (or if I have more time, I make a cashew and coconut whipped cream icing, as seen in the photo). Yum-O!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Acne after 6 months rawalonab - 6 hours 17 min ago
Juice or smoothie to start the morning?mommyMia - 12 hours 56 min ago
Best Digital Marketing Service Provider in Hyderabad | BOXFinitynikitha - 18 hours 16 min ago
Skin Care ProductsOliviaHartley - 19 hours 20 min ago
How To Care Natural Hair?Daveburton - 1 day 18 hours ago