Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
1 cup almonds (presoaked)
1 cup very soft dates (soaked with excess water squeezed out)
½ cup banana
Squash (finely shredded)
½ cup coconut (shredded)
Extra shredded coconut (for rolling)
Sprinkle of olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1. Put almonds in food processor and process to very fine pieces.
2. Add dates a little at a time, with excess water squeezed out.
3. Add olive oil, sea salt, and vanilla. Process until mixture forms a ball.
4. Place ball in a bowl. Hand mix squash, coconut, and nutmeg until blended. Add more coconut or nutmeg, if desired.
5. Roll mixture into small balls. Roll balls in additional coconut to coat.
6. Refrigerate until firm; they also freeze well.
Punky's ThoughtsBy punky
I went to a raw food prep class recently, and this was on the menu.
I do not know exactly where the recipe is from, but the packet said, “Recipes are from Living in the Raw, Raw: The Uncook Book, and the Internet, by Rose Lee Calabro, Juliano and…” Sorry I can’t be more specific.
These donut holes were delicious. Very sweet, though. I was able to eat only one.
If I were to make these myself, I think I would add more nuts, but they were outstanding.
Remember--freezing destroys vitamin E.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
How do you know how much to eat daily?theartluva - 1 day 19 hours ago
Less hungry on raw diet?TammiTrue - 5 days 8 hours ago
Olive oil and honey face maskVanja - 5 days 21 hours ago
How do you know how much to eat daily?mandyi - 6 days 6 hours ago
Lara Bars!lian4 - 1 week 9 hours ago