Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield1 roll; slice it and eat it!
1 fruit leather
1½ cups walnut, almond, or poppy seed
½ cup dates
2 tablespoons cocoa or carob
Sprinkle of raisins or dried fruit
½ cup water
1. For the leather, process fruit in food processor or juicer. I use apple or plums, but you can make it from any fruit.
2. Spread it onto the dryer sheets and dehydrate.
3. After about 8 hours, turn it over and dry for another few hours, until soft, leathery, and not too dry.
4. For the rest, blend ingredients in food processor into a thick creamy paste. Play with quantities, spices, and ingredients.
5. Spread it onto fruit leather to desired thickness.
6 .Sprinkle dried fruit on it. Roll it up (a bit like sushi).
The given quantities for the ingredients are approximate, play with them yourself.
You can let it sit for a little while but it is great to eat right then.
Ilkafanni's ThoughtsBy ilkafanni
Beigli is a traditional Christmas treat in Hungary. In traditional Hungarian filling, there is walnut and poppy seed.
Here is a delicious raw version.
Great snack. Yummy. Enjoy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note