1½ cups walnuts
10 dates (pitted)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
2 teaspoons water (optional, for moister brownies)
1. Process walnuts in the food processor until finely ground. Add dates and continue processing until mixture sticks together.
2. Add cocoa powder and vanilla (optional) until evenly distributed.
3. Add water (optional) and process briefly.
4. Transfer to mixing bowl and mix in 1/4 cup dried cherries (optional) and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
5. Press in square container (like a Rubbermaid plastic sandwich container). Chill for at least 2 hours.
6. Top with raspberries or strawberries.
Issy's ThoughtsBy issy
Delicious, moist walnut and date brownies from Jennifer Cornbleet.
Keeps 1 week in the refrigerator and 1 month in the freezer.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
I began soaking raw almonds and raw cashews last week without water changes. Are they safe to eat?marcin - 22 hours 4 min ago
Juicing PineappleClaireT - 2 days 22 hours ago
eyelashesharmonys - 3 days 7 hours ago
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 6 days 1 hour ago
Really Dry Skinamelykruskal - 1 week 1 day ago