1 1/2 cups sesame seeds
2 tablespoons carob or mesquite flour
2 handfuls of dried raisins
2 tablespoons agave syrup or 1 tablespoon honey in a little warm water
Juice of 1 orange
2 tablespoons water
Carob powder (for coating)
1. Grind up the sesame seeds in grinder until very fine. (Measurements given are for using a medium/large cup.)
2. Add the carob or mesquite and mix in with your hands, rubbing out any lumps.
3. Add the raisins, agave, and orange juice. Mix in well.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until you have a dough that can easily be formed into shape.
5. Roll small pieces into balls and place in a box with carob powder. Roll balls around until coated. Voila!
Delicious sesame fudge--high in calcium if you use unhulled sesame seeds. Use hulled for a milder nuttier, halva kind of flavor.
Great to offer your non-raw friends.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!