2 large yellow onions (chopped into half rings)
2/3 cup flax seeds (ground)
2/3 cup sunflower seeds (finely ground)
1/3 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos/Nama Shoyu
1/6 cup flax or olive oil
2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
2 teaspoons caraway seeds (crushed)
1 clove garlic (minced)
¼ cup sunflower seeds (soaked 3-4 hours)
¼ cup mung bean sprouts
Pulp from one small juiced carrot
Pulp from 5 juiced stalks of bok choy (can be subbed w/ spinach)
1/3 cup tahini
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon each of cayenne, cumin, and paprika
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (can be subbed w/ lemon juice)
3-4 dashes black sesame seeds, for color contrast (optional)
1. For the Caraway-Onion-Dill Bread: 2 large yellow onions, chopped into half-rings 2/3 cup flax seeds, ground to a meal 2/3 cup sunflower seeds, ground fine 1/3 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos/Nama Shoyu (both are unpasteurized soy sauces) 1/6 cup cold-pressed flax or olive oil. I usually use a little less 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (fresh is very important in this instance) 2 tsp caraway seeds, crushed 1 clove garlic, finely minced (optional)
2. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Pour onto Teflex dehydrator sheet and for 18-22 hours, flipping about 13 hours in. Score into 9 equal pieces yes, chef, you may sneak one of the pieces to make things even!
3. For the Swedish "Neatballs": ¼ cup sunflower seeds, soaked 3-4 hours Â¼ cup mung bean sprouts Pulp from one small juiced carrot Pulp from 5 juiced stalks of bok choy (can be subbed w/ spinach) 1/3 cup tahini 1 tsp garlic powder ½ tsp each of cayenne, cumin, and paprika 4 tsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (can be subbed w/ lemon juice) 3-4 dashes black sesame seeds, for color contrast (optional)
4. In a food processor, blend all ingredients until uniform and smooth. Roll into 20 small balls and dry for 5-6 hours w/o Teflex sheet.
5. For the Tomato Sauce: 3 small tomatoes, sliced & dehydrated on one side for 6-7 hours 2-3 deglet noor dates, soaked 20 mins (amt. depends on your desired sweetness) 1 tbsp cold-pressed flax or olive oil 2 tsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos/Nama Shoyu 1 tsp dried basil ½ tsp dried oregano ½ tsp dried tarragon black pepper, to taste water, as/if needed
6. Blend all until it is just slightly chunky. To assemble the sandwich, place 5 neatballs onto a slice of bread, pour ¼ of the sauce over it, and top with another slice of bread. Enjoy!
Intheraw13's ThoughtsBy intheraw13
Heaven on a piece of heaven topped with a slice of heaven!
I was really missing meatballs, and I wanted something with a similar taste, texture, and protein content that meatballs imbue.
Here it is!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note