Raw corn chip recipe
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
- 1. Throw the corn and yellow pepper in the food processor. Process until almost smooth.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients and process in your food processor until nicely blended for cracker/chip type texture. Don't over-process.
- 3. Spread onto two parchment-lined dehydrator sheets. Throw the mixture in your dehydrator. (Do a whole sheet and then cut or snap them when they're partially dehydrated.)
- 4. I usually dehydrate at 115 degrees for the first hour and then lower to 105 for the remaining time frame. Check them after four hours. If possible, flip them over and dehydrate for another four hours or so. Remember, dehydrating is an art and depends on lots of variables. So just check on 'em every once in a while.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This raw corn chip recipe is simple enough to make, although you will require a food processor and a dehydrator (see my article with tips re: the appliances required for raw food recipes). You will need about 6 corn cobs to make 3 cups fresh corn kernels. (Feel free to halve the recipe if you prefer.)
Raw corn chips are delicious! Of course, I like to serve mine with the aforementioned guacamole, but, of course, you could serve them with anything, even just a slice of cucumber or tomato or on top of a salad. Chips are chips, I guess. You'll figure out what to do with them!
This recipe makes two dehydrator trays.
I like this raw corn chip recipe best when they're still a little bit moist and not totally dehydrated. Being able to bend them is nice. But if you're planning on storing this recipe for a long period of time you have to dehydrate them really well (totally dry, over-dried!) otherwise they'll go bad in storage.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes